Saturday 11 January 2014

Sheff Weds v Leeds. Cant even get angry

To be honest have I ever been more embarrassed, more ashamed, probably no, have I been more angry, well yes and that's the big rub. You see I love Leeds, spent thousands travelling the world following them and the fact that I am not angry means I am beginning to accept this kind of rubbish as partly the norm. And that worries me. 

Were the formations wrong,? well yes, playing with wingbacks and wingers, those two wingers new to the team and one not having played since October.
Was it a red card? Probably not, in the context of the game, definitely not. He did lead with his elbow though right in full view of the ref.
Did it matter? we will never know but probably not..
Does anyone get any credit? Well don't think you can blame Kenny for any of the goals and Ross came deep and tried but was hopelessly outnumbered and outfought.

After being so comprehensively whopped at Rochdale, did we not learn that, we need to up our effort, 3-4-3 don't work, that lumping the ball to Smith don't work and that Austin is not a captain. A captain was Gordon Strachan, someone who when the going got tough, got tough. And made everyone around him get tough.

I don't mean to lump all this on Austin, he is only as culpable as the rest but he is our captain, in name only.

Of course I will be at the Leicster game next week, again under the biased eyes of sky sports and I fear. I fear the reaction we expected today wont appear next week. I am worried it will be another opportunity to draw a line under things. I worry I wont get angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, to ensure nothing offensive is posted we moderate all comments but this is usually done very quickly