Saturday 4 January 2014

Meet The Staff... Sara, Reporter

Name: Sara

What do you do: I am the Irish correspondent for both Just Music and Just Families 

Where was your photo taken?: I was visiting my brother and his wife who now live in Portugal, for his birthday.

What do you like most about what you do?: I like representing Ireland, too often the press are London focused so its great I get to review Irish artists or events in and around Dublin. Last time Coldplay were here we got to do a phone interview with Chris...even though he was about a half mile down the road in his hotel

And dislike most: Certain artists who it seems when they get to Ireland just cant be bothered and seem determined to spend as little time here as they can.

Favourite band / Artist: I have loved The Cribs for years but at the moment, at the other end of the scale I am really enjoying Lorde's album

Favourite job of 2013: Working with the Boomtown Rats as they played Vicar Street here, saw the soundcheck, chatted with the band and saw a great show. Would never have said I was a Rats fans, I know of their history of course but paths had never crossed. Now I cant stop listening.

What are you looking forward to in 2014: Musically I have two great bands back to back in March, All Time Low and Fall Out Boy. My sister gets married in September so a lot to do there, balancing uni, gigs and helping to plan a wedding..... Looking forward to working with Karen on the food blog as I am a massive foodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, to ensure nothing offensive is posted we moderate all comments but this is usually done very quickly